The workshop stage of this project was completed in March 2018, engaging @ 800 women.
- JUMP Day Shelter Community Centre
- MY PLACE Day Shelter Community Centre
- Elizabeth Court, Elizabeth Fry Housing
- Hilltop Apartments, Elizabeth Fry Housing
- Indigenous Thompson Rivers University Students
- United Way Women's Leadership Circle
- Thompson Rivers University Social Work Students
- Research Week, Thompson Rivers University
Throughout the month of March 2018, artist-researchers Marnie Badham and Emily Dundas Oke hosted a number of social art workshops at community sites and organisations that support the women of the Kamloops/ T’Kemlups area. In these mapping events, we invited women to make visible their perceptions of safety, beauty and community supports. Together, we made a series of public women's maps to the city - locating their knowledge and important resources.
We came prepared with art supplies, maps, and ready to foster dialogue and collaboration. Childcare, dinner to share and other community needs were supported to enable everyone to participate. Click the links below to read more about these participatory art workshops.